The World Alzheimer Report 2022 is dedicated to the vast topic of post-diagnosis support – an umbrella term encompassing the variety of official and informal services and information aimed at promoting the health, social, and psychological wellbeing of people with dementia and their carers after a diagnosis.
Click on the image to download the report.
Within the report, you will find 119 essays across 24 chapters covering the many facets of life following a diagnosis of dementia, written by experts from around the world – whether they be researchers, health and social care professionals, informal carers, or people living with dementia speaking from experience.
Some of the key topics covered in the report include:
- The importance of staging dementia and the specificities of different forms of dementia
- The practical considerations in managing symptoms of dementia
- The impact of diagnosis on people living with dementia, their carers, relatives and communities
- International and national perspectives on models of care
- The significance of dementia awareness and education to combat stigma and ensure better care